Friday, October 30, 2009

car exhaust

Doug Thorley Smart Car Cat Back Exhaust. I had it on my 2009 Smart Passion and wife said too loud for her. Exhaust has 5-6000 miles on it. Sell for $20.Hit play for an audio recording of a mystery car's exhaust note, and then share your guesses or get a few hints from other visitors in the comments below. Be sure to check back on Thursday for the answer! Share: Print this article! ...Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items A� Reload this Page WA FS: Exhaust controller cutout w/wiring and relay pipe and flange ...Again, the seller (japanimportshop) sells exhaust systems (sometimes branded as Tsudo) for many different cars. They show the same picture for every listing, regardless of what car it is for. Just to reiterate, the exhaust you will ...Ok so i have something fairly common, unburnt gas coming from the exhaust at idle. My car has been sitting while i slowly am putting it back togeather, how ever i haven't.Related Tags: aircraft quality, car safety, cat back exhaust, cylinder engine, equipment tools, exhaust gas, exhaust shop, improper installation, improper operation, mazda mx 5, miata, necessary equipment, performance cat, ...2004 Mustang 3.9 v6. K&N - True Dual Thrush Welded Exhaust - 5k HIDs - Show car shine 24/7 Fuckers If interested in a sig just pm me... Posted by the Unzippee "That and the fact that they're uglier than a can of smashed assholes" ...Best car exhaust pipes, Innovative car exhaust pipes, manufacturing of car exhaust pipes, Italian car exhaust pipes manufacturer, high quality car exhaust pipes, advanced technology car exhaust pipes, car exhaust pipes production, ...If my exhaust were to crumble I certainly would not buy a MB system(we are talking thousands here!) I would go for a stainless steel system and get it custom made. It's up to you how loud you make it. On your car in my opinion a loud ...The only modern podium car they're not on is the Ganassi car, as they have their own exhaust. Just about everyone else uses Coast. They're THAT GOOD. You'll find pics of these mufflers glowing red hot and they'll stay that way for the ...
Does anyone know how to tell if the o2 sensor is bad? I have a 2004 Oldsmobile Alero.
My check engine light has come on, the car sputters a little bit, and if it runs for a while, the exhaust smells funny


i bought the car for 300 bucks so mostly for me its a joke car and i want to pimp it out with out spending money on it kinda dealio so heres what i got..i have a 1994 grand prix 3.1l and i was just wondering if anyone had any cool ideas to do to a car, i have some cool **** in it like blue lights under the dash, green lights under the seats, 6 inch flood lights in the trunk each 100 watts, a real drink dispenser in the car that brings it from the trunk up to the center arm rest, and i recently straight piped it was also thinking about homemade cold air intake, and thought about a flame kit for the exhaust want to do cheap yet cool things im open to almost anything thing as i almost put a popcorn machine in the trunk


I need to somehow make a checklist of 50 things to do when changing oil such as checking coolant or checking the exhaust... stuff like that. Please Help!


One of my friends mentioned that in a month he is selling his 94 Olds Cutlas Ciera S for around $500. since i dont have a car and $500 may be obtainable if i sell my computers, i thought about buying it. It has a 3100cc 3.1L V6 and he had a new transmission put in the car. The car is silver and only has a few rust spots, mostly in the deck lid which can be more easily fixed or even replaced. The exhaust is stock but i do want to make the car sound good. What type of exhaust should i consider (when i eventually get a job and can afford it) for this car? And i dont want it to sound like a ricer. Also im gonna spend like $50 on a cold air intake for it. I know this is a lot of crap for this car, but what can u expect from a car enthusiast getting their first car. My eventual goal by the time im like 30 is to build a 327 or 350 small block, or maybe a 454, and put it in a 1970 Chevelle SS (70 being the best looking chevelle in my opinion).

Thanks a bunch for your help!


It's a 99 Maxima, and sometimes WHITE smoke comes out of the tailpipe. It seems to do it more when its cold or wet. It seems to do it less after I've been driving for a little bit. I've seen some other cars that do it too...what could be causing this? Should I be worried about it? If it was a blown headgasket..it'd absolutely spew 100% of the time right? Plz help! Thx


Hi basically I am having problems with fuel for my polo 1.4 it seems to be eating like a 1.8 Turbo

The car has had recent service and had a hole in the exhaust which is fixed but still seems to eat too much petrol can it be the catalytic converter is damaged? Or what can be the problem the car starts and drives fine.
The engine is fine and the exhaust does smoke a little too much


Hi basically I am having problems with fuel for my polo 1.4 it seems to be eating like a 1.8 Turbo

The car has had recent service and had a hole in the exhaust which is fixed but still seems to eat too much petrol can it be the catalytic converter is damaged? Or what can be the problem the car starts and drives fine.
The engine is fine and the exhaust does smoke a little too much


The car has had recent service and had a hole in the exhaust which is fixed but still seems to eat too much petrol can it be the catalytic converter is damaged? Or what can be the problem the car starts and drives fine.
The engine is fine and the exhaust does smoke a little too much


I have a Renault Laguna 1.8RT and since I had the car battery replaced a few weeks ago (installed for me at the car tyre & exhaust company) all my dash board lights are very faint when I switch my headlights on?

Any ideas?


My vauxhall corsa is drinking fuel. And it is breaking my wallet. I just checked my miles and since ive put A?54 in ive only got 280 miles out of the car. this surely cannot be right. There dosent seem to be any other problems with the car. it does have a sports exhaust which came already fitted but surely this cannot be the reason for the excess fuel.

help and tips to stop the problem will be much appreciated.
thanks boyd.

p.s the car overal has done 78000 miles.


i bought the car for 300 bucks so mostly for me its a joke car and i want to pimp it out with out spending money on it kinda dealio so heres what i got..i have a 1994 grand prix 3.1l and i was just wondering if anyone had any cool ideas to do to a car, i have some cool **** in it like blue lights under the dash, green lights under the seats, 6 inch flood lights in the trunk each 100 watts, a real drink dispenser in the car that brings it from the trunk up to the center arm rest, and i recently straight piped it was also thinking about homemade cold air intake, and thought about a flame kit for the exhaust want to do cheap yet cool things im open to almost anything thing as i almost put a popcorn machine in the trunk


he was diagnosed w/ a sinus infection saturday and didnt get his prescription filled until monday. he also kept smoking until i finally took his cigarettes away b/c he started coughing like my late grandfather did when he had COPD.

he is now on his roughly 5th day of antibiotics(zpack), and all he does is take cold drugs all day and sleep. i had a severe sinus infection combined w/ a severe allergic reaction back in the spring(my throat was so swollen i couldnt swallow). my head hurt so bad that i couldnt even move, and i was expected to still care for my son all the time. after about the 2-3 day of antibiotics and a cortisone shot, i felt alot better. he has been doing this for the last week. i finally freaked out a bit on him last night, as he slept all day and all night. i had been up tending to him until 4am and my son got up at 9:30am, and he is a very active 18mo. and into everything non-stop, so i was exhausted, and given this is like the 5th to 7th day in a row of this, i was pretty burnt out as well, in addition to him all but refusing to go to school or get a job or do anything that might help provide for this family & instead sleeping all day, along w/ his mother seems to think that i should take care of my son by myself at all times, along w/ keeping the house immaculate, and some how i am supposed to find the time to make $100,000 dollars a year all on my own while her son sleeps all day and smokes and drinks all night and she tells everyone else in the family that she is raising my son, and that i do nothing, which couldn't be more of a lie. meanwhile my sil is supposed to receive infinite support b/c "oh poor her" she is by herself w/ the baby while my husbands brother is working a good job, along w/ she has her parents to watch the baby and has a car.

i told him that i felt like i was all alone and i was tired of being expected to not only be essentially the primary caregiver for my son constantly, w/ no help as far as child care, along w/ i am supposed to some how make $100,000/year on my own while taking care of my son and keeping the house immaculate(this is the amount of money his mother thinks i should make b/c that is what she believes you have to make in order to survive, and so that i can support her son, whom she thinks is the best thing since sliced bread and can do no wrong. she is also the biggest pathological liar i have ever met. i dont think i have in 5 years heard her tell the truth once).

i also confirmed tuesday of this week that i am pregnant. i havent told him yet, and i am pretty sure when i do tell him, he is going to get mad about it(when i got a faint positive last wednesday, he tried to say it wasnt positive and then went on a rampage about why did i have to tell him this now, after it was the first time in about 4 days i had seen him for more than 2 seconds as he had to go and take care of his mom while his grandmother was at the hospital. it was about 2 in the morning, but like i said-first time in 4 days i had seen him, and he was supposed to go back first thing the next morning and be gone again.), even though i made him be safe, as i wasnt on my bc, & he knew it, he took it off mid way through.

i have also been finding receipts for liquor in the car, along w/ empty beer cans,wine bottles, & 40 oz bottles all through our garage, along w/ the occasional empty liqour bottle that is his brand, that he ties to blame on the neighbors(we live in an apt. complex w/ working professionals and grad students, & he drinks canadian mist & leaves schlitz cans outside our garage and is trying to blame this on our neighbors). i have had to hide my pain pills from when i had my son, as well as any anti anxiety meds i have had in the past as when i was on xanax & that sort of thing for severe anxiety, he would steal them, along w/ my pain meds( i had an emergency c section w/ my son, so i had hydrocodone & some others).

this last week has about put me to the end of my rope. i have been looking for a job for a very long time now, but w/ no success.

i just don't know what to do. going to my parents is not an option as they disowned me over a year ago(my mother is a borderline personality w/ a bunch of other things tied in, & she refuses to take medication or do actual therapy, & did not like my dad having a father daughter relationship w/ me as it took attention from her, so she manipulated him into disowning me or she would divorce him & take my sisters & he would never see them again).

what do you think is going on w/ my husband?
the taking care of his mom was just prior to the sinus infection. also he mixed sudafed, nyquil, & alcohol the other night & started acting like an incoherant(sp?) jerk & trying to fight w/ me while i was trying to get our 18 mo. to sleep.
he had the flu tests & they were negative.


i'm trying to remove my o2 sensor on the bottom of my car. Attached to my exhaust. I use a wrench to remove the sensor but it won't budge and if i put alot of strength behind the turn. It move the whole exhaust. I'm afraid i'm going to break the exhaust. i can't get a socket wrench in that space. i have a 02 hyundai accent.


Catalytic converters were forced upon the public by the oil companies in 1975, but not to reduce toxic emissions as we were brainwashed to believe.

What they actually do is plug up the exhaust pipe and drastically murder fuel economy. I know this for a fact. I just removed the catalytic converter from my truck, and it made a HUGE difference in fuel economy.

So without a catalytic converter, your vehicle will get more HP, and better fuel economy.


Umm, I'm writing like a novel/book in my spare time just for fun...compared to other writers I am quite young [I'm 12], but do you think this is okay for the opening of a story? I was just thinking there may be too much speech...=/ Tell me what you think, thank you in advance :)

-xXx-

As Beatrice trudged her way along the long, narrow alleyway meandering itsa�� way through some of the apartment blocks in the Northern-London area, she began to realise how exhausted she was, and how relieved that it was finally Friday. God, days go by like months in my life, she thought, itsa�� going to be a l-o-n-g time until I finally die. Fifteen years she had lived, and already she had seen the potential of a lifea��s outcome: a dark, empty nothingness. She turned round the corner, and held her breath while passing the filthy dustbins, which gave off a loathsome stench that wanted to make her gag. She fiddled around her rotten blazer pockets to find her flat key, and when she did, the door had already been opened.
a�?You said you would pick me up,a�? she announced.
a�?I told you, Bea, we cana��t afford gas for the cara��a�? her dad responded, as he breathed out heavily, from his cigarette.
a�?Mhm, however you can afford these?a�? she said, raising her eyebrows as she snatched the cigarette from her father and stubbed it out on her blazer.
a�?Yeah wella��a�? he murmured, as he caught her daughtera��s schoolbag that she had thrown at him.
a�?Good day at school?a�? he asked, hopefully.
a�?Naha��did you get the call from them? They expelled me,a�? she uttered, entering the kitchen.
a�?What!? Thata��sa�� the fifth school this year, Beaa��a�?
a�?You didna��t know, then? Just shows what a pathetically organised school they really are,a�? she smiled, sarcastically.
a�?Theya��re the only school left in this area that actually accepted you!a�? he cracked open two cokes from the fridge, and passed one to Bea.
a�?School-smools, for what Ia��m going to turn out like, a shop check-out lady or a hooker, you dona��t need an educationa��a�?
a�?Look Beaa��Youa��re a clever girla��a�? he started.
a�?Yeah, I guess I do work hard for my average Csa��a�? she rolled her eyes.
a�?I meana��you have great potential to lead a good lifea��a�? he hugged his daughter.
a�?Uha��dad? Haira��hair,a�? her hands wavered protectively over her dark-brown hair.
a�?Ah sorrya��nowa��go do your homeworka�? he kissed her on the forehead.
a�?Ia��m expelled, remember?a�? she pulled a cheeky grin, and after her father had given her a weak smile back, she trekked upstairs to her room.

Ten oa��clock on Saturday morning. Beatrice was woken by the sound of egga��s frying and spitting downstairs, and her dad swearing loudly for a reason unknown to her yet. After procrastinating to herself about getting out of bed or not, and staring at the ceiling for a while [which worryingly had damp patches on it near the edges], she heaved herself out of her bed. The floorboards creaked gently as she crossed the room to her mirror. She groaned as she wiped away the leftover mascara she hadna��t taken off properly last night, and stared at herself through her emerald eyes. She saw a girla��about 5.7ft staring back at her in a dark-grey bedroom, which had been decorated with black floral patterns. Her dark hair was messy in the early morning way, and her skin was smooth, totally spotless unlike the average teenager. After she had run a brush through her hair a couple of times she grabbed her vintage jacket and fumbled down the stairs sleepily.

-xXx-


Umm, I'm writing like a novel/book in my spare time just for fun...compared to other writers I am quite young, but do you think this is okay for the opening of a story? I was just thinking there may be too much speech...=/ Tell me what you think, thank you in advance :)

As Beatrice trudged her way along the long, narrow alleyway meandering itsa�� way through some of the apartment blocks in the Northern-London area, she began to realise how exhausted she was, and how relieved that it was finally Friday. God, days go by like months in my life, she thought, itsa�� going to be a l-o-n-g time until I finally die. Fifteen years she had lived, and already she had seen the potential of a lifea��s outcome: a dark, empty nothingness. She turned round the corner, and held her breath while passing the filthy dustbins, which gave off a loathsome stench that wanted to make her gag. She fiddled around her rotten blazer pockets to find her flat key, and when she did, the door had already been opened.
a�?You said you would pick me up,a�? she announced.
a�?I told you, Bea, we cana��t afford gas for the cara��a�? her dad responded, as he breathed out heavily, from his cigarette.
a�?Mhm, however you can afford these?a�? she said, raising her eyebrows as she snatched the cigarette from her father and stubbed it out on her blazer.
a�?Yeah wella��a�? he murmured, as he caught her daughtera��s schoolbag that she had thrown at him.
a�?Good day at school?a�? he asked, hopefully.
a�?Naha��did you get the call from them? They expelled me,a�? she uttered, entering the kitchen.
a�?What!? Thata��sa�� the fifth school this year, Beaa��a�?
a�?You didna��t know, then? Just shows what a pathetically organised school they really are,a�? she smiled, sarcastically.
a�?Theya��re the only school left in this area that actually accepted you!a�? he cracked open two cokes from the fridge, and passed one to Bea.
a�?School-smools, for what Ia��m going to turn out like, a shop check-out lady or a hooker, you dona��t need an educationa��a�?
a�?Look Beaa��Youa��re a clever girla��a�? he started.
a�?Yeah, I guess I do work hard for my average Csa��a�? she rolled her eyes.
a�?I meana��you have great potential to lead a good lifea��a�? he hugged his daughter.
a�?Uha��dad? Haira��hair,a�? her hands wavered protectively over her dark-brown hair.
a�?Ah sorrya��nowa��go do your homeworka�? he kissed her on the forehead.
a�?Ia��m expelled, remember?a�? she pulled a cheeky grin, and after her father had given her a weak smile back, she trekked upstairs to her room.

Ten oa��clock on Saturday morning. Beatrice was woken by the sound of egga��s frying and spitting downstairs, and her dad swearing loudly for a reason unknown to her yet. After procrastinating to herself about getting out of bed or not, and staring at the ceiling for a while [which worryingly had damp patches on it near the edges], she heaved herself out of her bed. The floorboards creaked gently as she crossed the room to her mirror. She groaned as she wiped away the leftover mascara she hadna��t taken off properly last night, and stared at herself through her emerald eyes. She saw a girla��about 5.7ft staring back at her in a dark-grey bedroom, which had been decorated with black floral patterns. Her dark hair was messy in the early morning way, and her skin was smooth, totally spotless unlike the average teenager. After she had run a brush through her hair a couple of times she grabbed her vintage jacket and fumbled down the stairs sleepily.
Ohh, and I'm twelve :)


i bought the car for 300 bucks so mostly for me its a joke car and i want to pimp it out with out spending money on it kinda dealio so heres what i got..i have a 1994 grand prix 3.1l and i was just wondering if anyone had any cool ideas to do to a car, i have some cool **** in it like blue lights under the dash, green lights under the seats, 6 inch flood lights in the trunk each 100 watts, a real drink dispenser in the car that brings it from the trunk up to the center arm rest, and i recently straight piped it was also thinking about homemade cold air intake, and thought about a flame kit for the exhaust want to do cheap yet cool things im open to almost anything thing as i almost put a popcorn machine in the trunk


i have a 1994 grand prix 3.1l and i was just wondering if anyone had any cool ideas to do to a car, i have some cool **** in it like blue lights under the dash, green lights under the seats, 6 inch flood lights in the trunk each 100 watts, a real drink dispenser in the car that brings it from the trunk up to the center arm rest, and i recently straight piped it was also thinking about homemade cold air intake, and thought about a flame kit for the exhaust want to do cheap yet cool things im open to almost anything thing as i almost put a popcorn machine in the trunk


i have a 1994 grand prix 3.1l and i was just wondering if anyone had any cool ideas to do to a car, i have some cool shit in it like blue lights under the dash, green lights under the seats, 6 inch flood lights in the trunk each 100 watts, a real drink dispenser in the car that brings it from the trunk up to the center arm rest, and i recently straight piped it was also thinking about homemade cold air intake, and thought about a flame kit for the exhaust want to do cheap yet cool things im open to almost anything thing as i almost put a popcorn machine in the trunk
well im not looking for anything good im looking for random shit in my car thats cool looking or something


Okay so I'm about to get my first car (I'm so excited! No more rides from mommy! haha) and a guy in my neighborhood is selling a Civic, which is what I want, I actually found him on Craigslist and here is what he says:
This car is a 1992 civic lx with a 2000 d16y8 engine with 125,xxx miles on it also has a naxos exhaust and a shortram intake. The car has two kicker 12s in the back and pioneer speakers all around clarion head unit. It has 17 inch evoke wheels with low pro tires all around. It has a cracked windshield, bad ball joint, needs shocks and a wheel bearing that makes noise sometimes. Car runs good and sounds good

By the way I don't know this guy (he is around the corner+)

But anyways I know nothing about cars and don't know anyone that does so my question is: how much would this cost to fix? I googled all the different parts but I can't do this myself so I would have to take it to the shop. So an estimate of how much it would cost? And the even bigger question: is it worth it?

He is selling it for $2000 obo, I have $4000 and I'm thinking I could get it for $1000-1500 since hes been trying for a month. Also I really don't care about the speakers and would be willing to even give him them back.


I have looked around and have made up my mind that i would rather have it be quick and agile than look good so performance parts only, thanks. I've seen the Greddy EVO2 exhaust kit and like that but i also have been looking at cold air and short ram air intakes. Im kinda new at this but it wont be the first time doing work on a car. Id like to keep it under $700 and if there are any other ideas please share. I'm open to everything. Thanks.
I do know the VVT-i 2JZ engine was in the car, that was the main reason I wanted and got it. From what I've herd, I know that it isn't like they took it out of a Supra and into the IS300. The Supra edition was an aluminum block with high performance internals. The IS300 Engine is cast iron and has low performance internals. It is still a very good engine to have. I have also herd that the transmission needs to be beefed up, it has the stock 5-speed auto with the E-shift.


I have a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan and my wife and I have noticed every time we are in the van for about 10 to 20 mins. driving time we both get headachs and light dizziness and thought it could be caused by an exhaust leak but I'm not sure and if that is the case what do I do to correct it?


What are some good aftermarket parts for my 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT? I have put on a cold air intake and am going to get a borla exhaust system but what are some other ideas? Also do they make a throttle body spacer for my car?


My car had a coolant leak and i was constantly adding coolant to make sure it wouldnt overheat. Just a few days ago my car overheated and stalled out. I checked everything and my spark plugs wires were fried so i replaced those and the spark plugs. Now the car will run but slowly comes to a low idle and sputters when it dies. I have no clue what could be wrong with it. I saw that a couple of the vacuum hoses had been damaged during the overheating could bad vacuum hoses be the problem? I could smell a lean fuel/air mixture when the car was running. I have no coolant or anything coming out of my exhaust so i figure my head gaskets are still intact. Please help and keep all the "get a new car" comments to yourself. I am a cliche broke college student and have no money to finance a new car.
Thank You


The exhaust on my 89 civic is smoking really hard and basically pouring gas out of it. the more gas i give it, the more comes out, obviously. this also causes my car to die within a minute of running. what, of all things, could put so much gas into my exhaust?
Spark plugs are brand new


So, I got pulled over in Barrie by a Huronia West OPP. He wants a valid certification done on my car. (too low, too importish the usual)
I bought this car 2 months ago certified and e-tested. However, 2 months later it wont pass. $2000 worth of work is required.
Stuff like rotted brake lines, struts are leaking, exhaust, brakes, a few lights
Can the police do that because the car was certified 2 months ago? Is there any way to go back at the shop that did the original cert?
OH and Integra owners: I have a 96, I got told in certification that i NEED a 3rd brake light. Again, bought it certified with no spoiler. By law if you don't have to spoiler, do you have to rewire for a light in the back hatch?
Thanks guys!


My group and I are doing research on how we can improve an exhaust pipe, so that it will release less harmful pollutants. We need background information about the history of "exhaust pipes". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!


Small block 360 cid. 4 bbl

Car was smoking thick white and notice the end bolt on the exhaust is loose. That is where the water jacket is and is leaking to the exhaust near number 8 cylinder. When I revved her she smoked like a freight train.

I put a stud bolt in vs. a regular bolt and saw some improvement with the exhaust smoke being thin white. I used some ARP thread sealer and let it dry for about 15 min. I revved her and the thin white smoke disappears for a while.

No loss of coolant and no bubbles and no water in oil.

Is it still a head gasket?
I only ran her for 5 min in 70 degree temp outside.


my husband wants to stay in the center of the city and this area ..has no houses with gardens there are some houses but with a small yard , so that the car cannot enter to say so..they also merely have a tree no garden at all no land with grass flowers etc..

as my husband lived at countriside he had a big garden and land there and my grandmother also has garden into her town.

i really cannot get used to this living in the city and it looks to me that i don't have what to do if i dont have a yard and garden..and it is like i am in a train or so..at home..

going to parks is exhausting..and i need a garden with a table and armchairs to loook at the sky and feel the air..to look at the wind through the leaves..


I just got a tc like 2 months ago for my birthday and its not really what i wanted in performance dont get me wrong its a nice car and all but im really into speed and i need somewhere to start off.... Also a negative its an automatic so idk how that is going to effect everything.. So i have been doing alot of research and need input.. I have anywhere for 1k to 2k to spend total.. thats my limit and area basically..


First- I could go with a jdm turbo from ebay and and ecu upgrade from my local shop who would have it all proffesionally done and i would be putting down good hp but a shitty turbo.. yikes.. and an exhaust to go with it.. and that would be around 1600...

Second- I could go intake/headers/exhaust/ecu for probably the same price with all quality stuff and be in the same money posistion but alot lesss horses...

Any input would really help before i get into this huge money..


I live in GA and I want to install a cat-back exhaust on my Jetta. What do I have to do to make sure my car stays legal?


I just bought a used 1999 4Runner Limited with a 183 HP 3.4L V6, i love the car but it has no "umph" needs about 50 more horses for its weight. I do not have $1,000's to spend on turbo/supercharging the engine. I know there are 100's of products out there from gimmick gas additives to air filters. So whats the best way to get the most HP hopefully without extensive rebuilding of the car, (hope for bolt on's). Would a new exhaust like (flowmaster) or something? and a cold ram air system be a good start? Thanks!


Ok this is going to be a bit long..I bought a used saturn 1998 sl2 with 90,000 miles. ...and I got it checked out at the local firestone(because I noticed a bit of an oil leak and little rattling noise) and these are all the things they said need to be fixed...These are the prices with parts and labor

1.remove and replace valve cover gasket-$322.69
2. Remove & inspect f axle shaft-outer boot torn--$386
3. loose and belt slippage-remove& replace vibration damper--$260
4.Rusted pipes under car..exhaust(from catalytic converter back)--$400
5. Timing chain--remove and replace. because there is noise ticking
$1,100
6.Belts- soaked with oil--$84.99
7.Standard brake job-rotors rusted and 80% work. 2 brake rotors. caliper slide service----$314
8. Alignment--$80

I don't know mechanic lingo--so I don't know if this is already listed up there but he said my water pump is leaking...and that it is minor now but should be fixed.

I don't think they are just saying this to get service because the mechanic said its not worth fixing. He said it's worth less than $200.


So bascially all of these things in addition to minor things I left out leaves me with $3,340 in repairs.


Is this accurate? Can I get this done cheaper by an independent mechanic? Is it even worth it?
Ok. But if you read what I wrote I asked --if whether or not I hired a mechanic on the side--would it be worth the repairs? Or...is it like the mechanic said--not worth it?
I know prices are all different--but is this the average cost--or overpriced?


I took my car Mitsubishi evo8 for A mot test the other day and apparently the exhaust was not clear as the CO was bit high than the limit. The engine speed is OK, HC is OK ,lambda is OK but only the CO failed.

So mot failed and i have now 10 days to fix the car or i will have to pay again for mot. I don't understand how to fix this problem, i live in Kent and hoping to find some1 who knows about his stuff but haven't found any1 yet.
i took it 2 the garage and they not sure


Im losing Water from cooling System in my BMW 318SE.. normal driving I need to top up daily ( 1 litre daily), but while not in use there is no leak.
I therefore conclude that the leak occurs while the car is in use. I have checked the exhaust emission, and fine everything is normal, no water or steam visible. I would appreciate any advice Thank you..


i need to pick between 2 cars. 1st is a ford escort zx2 and the other is a saturn sl 200. im gonna be making many customizations to one of the cars. just need to know which one would be best. i know both can be modded highly but i want the best one. right now im going with the zx2. oh their also both stick shift cars. mods include adding body kits rims engine performance , exhaust, intake, and audio. as well as graphics scoops and spoilers. which car should i get? please help.
ok the escort is a 98 zx2 with 70,000 miles on it. its got new brakes tires and seats. the guy is asking 1200. and all those parts that i mentioned earlier are the parts im buying, not what it has on it. i know the sl2 has 70,000 miles on it but that was a new engine put in. new brakes tires and sun roof. hes asking 950 , OBO


I just recently replaced a head gasket on my car and now I have white smoke coming out of the exhaust. My initial problem was a broken coolant line under the air intake and not the head gasket, but I replaced it anyway due to the car overheating. My engine has an aluminum DOC head and I am wondering if that could be the problem....cracked?.....Warped? What is confusing is that my coolant level hasnt dropped any in a week of driving it, though the smoke smells sweet. Car runs great as well.....Can anyone help?
The car is a 1992 BMW 318is. Also, when I first start it, it idles a little eratic for about 30 seconds, then smoothes out. There is water, not coolant that drips out of the exhaust. I also noticed that the smoke is worse when I hit the gas after being stopped at a light, etc. To look at it, it looks like it is cold outside as far as the smoke.


Well okay ill start with the beginning. Ive been on the pill about 3 months (Loestrin 24Fe) On the first month i had breakthru bleeding and a regular normal period on the brown pills. On the second month i had no breakthrough bleeding and barely had a period.

My boobs have been hurting since the 2nd month of the pill, i figured its just the side effect. But it really hasnt gone away.. some days are better than others. But usually they are always sore.

I started being EXHAUSTED. i mean. so tired id come home from school.. take a 2 hour nap.. and after that an hour later.. id be in bed for the night. After thinking about it i saw that i hadnt had caffiene in a while and had a energy drink and felt better.. for that day, now im still tired.


my left side has been cramping up for a while. its kind of like a normal period cramp.. but its about every day or so. 4 days ago i was with my boyfriend in the car and i about cried because the pain hurt so bad. I started to think maybe i had a cyst or something.

I never really thought about the possiblility of pregnancy until my friend said something about it and i looked online and saw most of my symptoms are pregnancy ones.

about a week ago i took a clearblue easy test, since those are suppost to be very accurate, and it said negative.

ive never skipped a pill, and i take it about the same time everyday.

but im starting to worry if i possibly could be.. because im still expierenceing all these symptoms.. and the bad thing is .. about 4 days ago i went on a rollercoaster or 2. those are the only rides i rode on the amusment park.

i figured i wasnt pregnant so i did it. but since these symptoms arent going away.. i need help!
Oh and me and my bf had done it multiple times.. we never use condoms.. we just kind of pull out and pray.. x_x i know.. not smart
ive also had headaches... and sometimes i get lightheaded





Its a 1995 pug 306 and it is alarmed and immobilized. I took it to kwik-fit for a exhaust clamp and wanted to put it up on the ramps, only thing is when the kwik-fit guy went to start it the key wouldn't go all the way in so i tried and it still wouldn't go in. we drove there so it was fine before. In the end kwik-fit claimed it was not the fault and they are not going to fix it. I have no money to fix it so i need to do it the cheapest way. i have manged to get the ignition to turn and attempted to start but it wont, Ive even tried a jump and a bump start and still nothing. they is a black round thing with Siemens written on it, but it wont go back over the ignition, its only plastic so i cant see it being the problem but i don't know. i was thing maybe the immobilizer is playing up or something, can any one help?
I have the ignition turning fine and all the lights come on, and it attempts to start, I'm just wondering if the immobilizer or anything else would be stopping it
The old key is snapped in the lock and i don't have a spare and i did shave the cylinder so that it turns, but if it is the immobilizer then what do you suggest....? P.s the whole ignition is ..... so i cant really do anything with it just turn it to start the car


I love my cars, I am 14 and I want to buy a car now so I can have some time on my hand to do what I want with the car before I go out and get my licence.

I am a good driver and can drive a manual car perfectly fine, I even prefer it, but my real question is:

Is a 1992 3.2L V6 Commodore VP a good buy for a first car?
The car costs (Without negotiation) $699.
It features a sports exhaust and it is lowered. CD player all all the gear in it.
I plan to put a VY body kit on it and paint it black and have two silver stripes running down it, and yes, I have put a lot of thought into this and I do plan to be a car designer as a hobby when older.

So what do you think?
$699 is a good price in my opinion, however it is not registered, but I can't drive on the road yet so it's not a major concern.
I earn approximately $150 per week and with the christmas holidays coming up I was told I will be getting atleast $300 a week, for 8 weeks.

I really don't want to waist my money, and I know someone with a VN commodore and it was really easy to do up and a VERY good and reliable car. The car is an automatic however but that doesn't really bother me much.

any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!

(BTW, Trans AMS rule!)


where can i find more info on tuner exhaust sounds, how to replace, modify etc. i dont know that much about cars either and havent taken an autoshop class yet.....at least ill try to my senior year, but im just a 16 year old kid looking into cars





what exactly comes out of the exhaust pipe of a car ???


My car needs a tune up. I can smell exhaust fumes coming into the car through the vents so I ride with the windows down for right now. Lately I've been having headaches, been really tired, and I've had this metallic taste in the back of my mouth that won't go away. Could this be carbon monoxide poisoning?


ok 99 Nissan Maxima, auto, 3.0 v-6. 143k, has been skipping for along time now at first only noticeable at stop signs/lights in gear, so i would put in neutral and it would stop. Year or so ago..I replaced spark plugs with OE Platinum NGKS skipping seemed to go away for a few months. Then came back :(

Brought it back to shop and they said my rear valve cover gasket was leaking and that could possibly be causing the the plugs to foul or something? Well at the time i didn't have the money to fix so just let it go for months.

This past July i took it in for state inspection and apparently that valve cover gasket leak was dripping oil onto my exhaust manifold in which could create a fire so in order to get sticker needed it replaced! So had them do the job and change some other gaskets while they were in there too. Got the car back the next day still skipping. They suggested i change the plugs again at that time too but I just didn't have the extra money.

Well needless to say i drove it for 1 day after the gasket/state inspection got done and it was smoking under hood so I called the garage up that did the work and they said most likely it was oil still burning off from the gasket replacement..So i just went with it and continued driving. Day 2 BAM!!! I was getting waved over by a car in front of me driving telling me to pull over and my car was on fire!!!!!! I pulled over fire department came et etc..fire was under car..turned out to be i blew my transmission (no other damage from fire)! BUT Never had any trans problem up until like 5 minutes before i was being told my car was on fire and the problem I noticed before hand was when taking off from stop sign car was very very hesitant...like didn't want to move. but did, then 2 miles down the road fire happened. would've started before i don't know. Had towed back to same shop that had been working on it and they said my trans fluid must have been low and something inside got dry and let loose and blew a hole through transmission..so replaced trans with one from salvage yard last month 105k. So odd because like i said i had no trans issues ever just this SKIP at idle in gear at stops. So just to be extra safe I went ahead replaced spark plugs and all coils (6) coil on plug..$$FORTUNE..Also replaced fuel filter..

OK now what the heck it is still SKIPPING!!!! This skip is ONLY when at operating temperature. When cold runs great and no skip! full power! Also have noticed when taking off from stop car is a little hesitant until it hits that second gear..and honestly the longer the drive the worse the skipping and hesitation gets when taking off from stops..I don't get it???? Even been running 92 octane gas..

I have sunk so much money into this car I can't afford to be paying more shops to not figure this out. I am looking here and hoping for some ideas on what this could be im at my wits end. PLEASE HELP!!! SORRY SO LONG but figured a lot of detail would be best!
Check Engine Light is NOT on..
This car does not have spark plug wires! Its COIL on PLUG only!


look i've got this idea for my GTO it has a brand new LS1 in it and the original LS1 sitting in the garage the original owner was going to pull it apart and set it up for a twin turbo but money came short and sold everything to me.. i was thinking about building this LS1 back to stock trim with a few exceptions.. I've built a few LS motors but have some simple questions maybe a few of you could answer?

Instead of doing a undersquare 383 stroke which is a dead give that it's not stock i was thinking of getting a custom crank like 3.8" or 3.85" stroke to keep it oversquare.. and going with a light weight I beam rods, maybe a port and polish job on the heads, maybe higher compression pistons like 11:1.. maybe a new set of gears like 4.00s just a few odds and ends that will keep car looking and sounding stock.. i'm already in the process of removing the SLP loud mouth II exhaust because it got me 2 tickets in the first week of owning the vehicle.. i'll keep the slp intake.. anyone else got ideas to keeping the car looking and sounding stock but performing otherwise.. i'm thinking with tune and everything i could pick up atleast another 100 horsepower without anyone being the wiser

but to the main question how much does a custom crank cost.. i've heard it usually runs 300-700 on top of a regular crankshaft from the likes of lunati.. anyone have a better guess? also anyone have other ides as to adding power "secretly"?
also forgot to mention.. their isn't an off the shelf crankshaft that i want for my project
it's not a 350.. its a ls1 346ci.. it two has a 383 stroker that people do..
obviously no one can give me an answer.. just state other facts so please vote no answer.. and btw question is... HOW MUCH DOES A CUSTOM CRANK COST? but everyone wants to throw their 2 cents in otherwise


What does it mean if every time I change the oil in my car, it shoots fumes of smoke mixed with exhaust for about 3 days ?


A car has a flat tire. this car is equipped with a "balloon" jack for changing tires. It is placed under the car frame and inflated with gas from the car's exhaust pipe. As the balloon inflated, the car is elevated and the tire can be changed. the pressure against the balloon is 0.98 atm and the volume is 15.5 L just before the car is elevated. the volume of the balloon increases to 26.2 L when the car is elevated. the heat from the exhaust fumes is measured at 25.7 J of energy.

What is the system?
What is the surrounding?
Which direction is the heat flow?
What material thing did the work in this problem?
Calculate the change in energy for this "balloon" jack.


It's a fiat bravo 2000 1.2. Only thing that needs repair is back and middle of exhaust. It got a new engine put in, a 2001 engine

No comments:

Post a Comment