Friday, October 30, 2009

florida handgun laws

The Florida Gun Show Is Coming To Town. 2009 October 29. by therealedwin. Dade Co. Fairgrounds October 31 a�� November 1. Sat 9-5 Sun 10-5. Adults $ 10.00 a�� under 12 FREE (305) 223-3247 ...October 22, 2009 Man Hunt, a Game Played by Jacksonville Children, Violates Florida Gun Laws Today, I learned about a game that some children play in the Jacksonville, Florida area.... October 19, 2009 Florida Driving Under the ...I had the opportunity to have a casual conversation with two police officers regarding Florida gun laws. They informed me that they could arrest.Look, I don't really have a problem with stringent gun laws. For most people who abide by them, they seem tedious and unnecessary. But as long as they reduce serious crime and stop people being hurt or killed, then we should put ..... Going even further back, the mayor of Orlando, in Florida, became concerned about the number of violent attacks on women in the city. He got together with the local police, and gun clubs, and set up a training scheme specifically for women. ...Effective August 15, 2004, the concealed handgun laws were amended concerning reciprocity with other states. The statute provides as follows: "...A current and valid concealed handgun permit issued by another state shall be deemed to be ...Or was it the incompetence and selfishness of a a�?law-abiding gun ownera�? who had permission from the state of Florida to carry his weapon pretty much wherever he wanted, and who just had to have it with him at the internet cafA� ...Florida: Public housing ban on guns challenged. Despite the seemingly national groundswell in favor of gun ownership, Johnie E. Lewis, a 73 year old man living in public housing in Fernandina Beach, could face eviction for his desire to ...Louisiana no longer recognizes FL non-resident permits Doc added***FL permits no longer honored in LA....it's official. - BayouShooter.com Forums.On these facts, Judge Black concluded as a matter of law that the police violated Matthew St. John's constitutional rights under the Fourth Amendment because they seized and disarmed him even though there was not "any reason to believe ... Judge Black's opinion is consistent with numerous high state and federal appellate courts, e.g., the United States Supreme Court in Florida v. J.L. (2000) (detaining man on mere report that he has a gun violates the Fourth Amendment) ...Brady Campaign on National CHL, "At least two states don't want it for their own reasons," Pennington said, "and it's wrong for a congressman from Florida or anywhere else to tell people in those states what kind of gun laws they should ...
Some places like in the South (Louisiana, Florida) have castle laws do those exsist there? Are you allowed to carry handguns?
I dont believe you.


looking for the law about this in the state of florida, long guns not handguns
would i still need to take the course if im not the owner? (mom would be)


Do you need a concealed carry or does it have to be unloaded etc.


With handguns and baseball bats, South Florida residents in recent days have been striking back at home invaders, beating and even killing those who violate the sanctity of their homes.

Two cases occurred in Palm Beach County. Thursday night, during a struggle, a Wellington homeowner shot and wounded one of two men who broke into his home. On Sept. 5, a group of men in a Lake Worth home turned the tables on a burglar, seizing his baseball bat and using it to break his arm.

And early Thursday in Miami, a man who jumped a fence and entered a home's yard ended up dead after a confrontation with the father and son who lived there. His manner of death has not been released by police, who still are investigating.

Such instances are hardly a trend, experts say, but rather a fluke of circumstances. And they probably don't represent an increase in frustrated homeowners fighting back.

"You have to look at each case individually," said George L. Kirkham, a criminologist at Florida State University. "There's a lot of tension right now in people's lives generally because of the economy. I don't know to what extent those kinds of factors may play into it."

Use of deadly force against intruders is allowed under Florida law.


Can I buy handgun ammo in FL with an out-of-state license or should I bring my ammo with me? Haven't lived in FL in 15 years and I don't remember what their purchase laws are.


There was a big misunderstanding in Florida which ended up with me being involuntarily committed to a hospital in Miami. This was a few months ago, but I now live in Pennsylvania, my home state. I'm interested in buying a handgun for self-protection now. I know that gun law prohibits one that was "302'd" in PA to purchase a gun, but I was "Baker-acted" in Florida. So would this be an issue for me?


I've been looking and trying to figure out the laws with transporting weapons across state lines in this case from GA to FL and back. Is it legal to take a rifle from back and forth between the states if it's legal in both, dose the gun need to be in a locked container, how should it be transported, should the firearm and ammunition be separate and same for transporting a handgun. Is a GA CCW valid in Florida? Can you legally go to a range in Florida with a rifle or handgun provided the range dose not have a rule against it. Can a range legally rent a firearm to a out of stater for a range session?


i was just curious me and some freinds were talking about it.... if you have a gun handgun and or rifle..... could someone in your household like nephew or son under the age of 18.. could they keep it in their room legally?????
like my freinds son is 15 and my freind feels his son should be able to keep it in his sons room... as long as it NEVER leaves the house... oh and if it matters i live in florida


I know this might be a dumb question, it's just their are so many different stipulations,different ways to interpret the law, and crooked cops that want to arrest for anything they can. I want to abide by the law under every circumstance so I am doing research on the legality of being an 18 year old and owning a handgun, also on having a permit, are their any special circumstance or certain stipulations? Can anyone help?


I am purchasing a handgun and do not have a concealed weapons permit yet. Is the only way I can use this gun in my house for self protection and going to a range? If I keep it in my glove compartment and some criminal event is taking place outside and in public, can i use the gun? can i go to someones house and bring it inside and use it there if some other type of criminal event occurs?

i am curious about how this works in public without the concealed weapons permit

dont say to check my state laws please. i read them but are not very clear. i live in florida


I LIVE IN FL AND I AM 18, I WORK IN LAW ENFORCEMENT AND LEGALLY OWN A HANDGUN. IS TI POSSIBLE FOR AN 18 YEAR OLD TO GET A CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT. NO IM NOT TRYING TO PLAY GANGSTER JUST SELF DEFENSE


I am a soon-to-be 27 year old male that presently lives in NJ, but am moving after my tax refund to a less restrictive state. While in NJ, I earned a conviction for a 3rd-degree crime which in NJ is 'Unlawful Possession of a Weapon," or "Possession without License" 2C:39-5. It was treated as a Felony because that is what NJ Does. my problem and bitterness with the State lie in that the 'Weapon' was a BB Gun/Pellet gun... and fit NJs definition of a weapon, and it makes me mad that NJ compares BBs to real rounds fired out of real weapons. I now have something that in NJ is a 'Felony,' since I finished my 2 Years Probation (this is over the BB Gun, folks, and if I fight hard enough I can retain the court papers that say that on every page.)

I am. however, the victim of severe firearms violence, and feel much more comfortable owning one, not really mattering what it is. Long gun, handgun, small caliber, large, whatever... and I am -determined- to legally own one! *Note: I am not even talking about CCW (yet) here... just doing like Florida to legally have one in my home is fine with me (Tampa.) (I am one of the NOBama people, no secret I would never be able to own one in my life with the laws he likes. That day is coming, folks.)

My question here, is if I move to a state with better laws on matters like this - Alabama, Utah, something - that only requires a Federal check, this item will still popo up. Now I do not know if I will receive a 'Deny' or 'Delay' response right then, or if they will send Police to where I am for even trying to make a legal purchase, but What if, in the state I decide to become a legal provable resident, the charge that is a 'Felony' (3rd Degree Superior Court, technically punishabe by 5 years PRISON for the BB Gun, getting really mad here, I was sentenced to 2 years probation because I think the Courts knew how weak the case was but were powerless to downgrade past the prosecutor, honestly) is -Not Eben a Crime- to possess BB, Pellet, and Airsoft guns in the new state???

I would really appreciate some insight, because Expungement in NJ is 5 or 10 years, and by no means guaranteed. Thank You for your input, I am sure some veteran firearms sellers/shooters/store owbers have come across the 'Prohibited Person' in one state, Fine by the new state laws-scenario before. Please pardon my occasional typos, and yes I know this is a tricky thing, I just appreciate some info and hopefully favorable information, this topic bugs me! I do not want my mistake to literally be with me my whole life on earth. Thanks.

- Joe


Can I carry a handgun in my vehicle legally and if so what is the criteria for doing so??? Florida law...


In the state of florida, are you allowed to carry a "CO2 powered- BB handgun" on your person, I.E: tucked in your waist, holstered on your hip, etc... and if so, where can you take/not take your BB gun?

And yes i am over 16 years of age, so i already know that i can own one.

Thanks!


according to florida law

(1) As used in this section, the term:

(a) "Armor-piercing bullet" means any bullet which has a steel inner core or core of equivalent hardness and a truncated cone and which is designed for use in a handgun as an armor-piercing or metal-piercing bullet.

(c) "Handgun" means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver.

(2)(a) Any person who manufactures, sells, offers for sale, or delivers any armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet, or dragon's breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(b) Any person who possesses an armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet with knowledge of its armor-piercing or exploding capabilities loaded in a handgun, or who possesses a dragon's breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell with knowledge of its capabilities loaded in a firearm, is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

so according to this if I have armor piercing rounds in a rifle or my 9mm carbine I'm good?



would my permit be valid in New York? And what are the gun laws there? I don't want an uzi or anything, just a handgun or rifle.
I was not planning on getting a concealed weapons permit for a rifle. LOL. I didn't realize how that sounded.

I did see that certain licenses are not necessary for rifles in NY, however New York City was the exception. What is considered the city? Manhattan? Or any of the five boroughs?


I do not mean carry and conceal but having them in your home and transporting to hunts, ranges, repairs etc. Ours must not be loaded and in a case to transport. If you know where state documentation is located I would like to print it out. Thank you for your help.


What is the law reguarding trasnfering a firearm. I have a guy telling me he can ship a handgun direct to me without using a Florida firearms dealer isnt this illegal. He does not have his FFL and I am not a FFL.


Ok. Here's the deal. I live in Florida. The law is that you must be 21 to buy a handgun. I'm not 21. I'm18. But I hear that if you buy from a private seller, you can be 18, as long as they are not federally licensed. Is this true?
Also, with a private gun sale, what forms need to be filled out, if any? Do we have to go through the whole three day waiting period, etc.? Does the gov. need to be notified of this sale?
I just want to know everything before I try to initiate a sale, so I don't get arrested for illegal possession of a gun.
I live in a bad neighborhood....understatement of the year.
Also, I highly doubt the gun could be used against me. I do not foresee anyone overpowering me. I'm 6'4, 270

Also, the illegality would be if what I heard (18 from a private dealer) isn't true.
I can legally own and possess a handgun at age 18. I just can't buy one. The loophole appears to be with federally licensed dealers.



It is recommended that CWP holders use the same ammunition as the police for legal reasons in the event that you are forced to defend yourself.
Yes, D the cure for terrorism cluster bombs for them and their loveones.





I'm 14, own a .22 rifle (bolt-action), and I was wondering if I should buy some gun brushes for it? Won't an old toothbrush simply do the trick of cleaning the bolt out??? I already have all the ammo, solvents, oils, and patches I'mm ever need, as well as a bore brush. Are gun brushes an essential for rifles and shotguns, or just handguns? My uncle, who owns a few semi-automatic handguns uses brushes, but my mom's boyfriend who only own rifles and shotguns claims that an old toothbrush works just fine for your actions. Can anybody give me a bit of advice on such a simple issue? -Garrett

P.S.: I am a very responsible young man, my mom is aware that I have the gun, because my Uncle who is retired law enforcement for the state of Florida bought me the rifle for Christmas. I also know everything there is to know about gun safety and taking care of a gun. This is just for anybody who needs clarification on whether I'm an irresponsible teenager or not.


my b/f says that in florida its not a law to regsiter handguns> Can this be possible or is he pulling my leg?


My 18 year neice took her own life this past week by a handgun furnished to her by her mother who has not had custody of her since she was five (my neice was taken away from her by the state due to numerous problems with my worthless sister in law). I would like to know if any knows of ANY law in Florida that my useless sister in law can be charged with. She purchased the gun for her waited the three days and the day she handed it over to my neice my neice took her own life. Please help me, the investigator is overwhelmed with "more important" cases and I want to pass along any inforation I can to those in charge to see if something can;t be done.
It was definately a handgun. I need to know where it says it is against the law for her to give it to her. I have heard that but can not find the statue for it


I have recently moved to florida from michigan and want to go to the shooting range near me in alabama. I want to make sure that I don't have to get a concealed weapons permit to transport it to the range. I didn't have to in michigan but as i know all states have different laws on transporting them. It is a pistol by the way!


i'm not sure how many weapons laws Florida has but I'm thinking of the one that made it legal to carry concealed handguns with a permit.


do you have to be 18 or what? for handguns this is..


i bought a handgun from another person and i want to register the gun under my name which steps i have to do in order to not violate the law.


Where can I find out about handgun laws in Florida. How doI go abt getting a permit to carry a concealed weapon in Florida.


I am a guest in the State of Florida but hear every day Tampa Bay guns, guns, guns. And this State has big laws about just that. Drive by's, the Mom of the young dude was killed in the house by a stray bullet. Hate crimes. I know because I went cross country with a pregnant dog in the cab of a Chevy (16 hrs on greyhound/ domestic dispute) in January'06 that we are close to these places like the ones in Virginia that sell weapons. NewYork CIty cops came by and there boys get weapons there? I love John Warner because Liz did but is he asleep or what? (ok no carrots & a girl eats I understand)
So, for those of you baffled by my rap I am older and it's my question. Take a try 2pts bye.
Serious folks? Is there not enough evidence and carnage to prove we need better controls over guns?
For you hunters rent "Powder" it will give you a new enlightenment on whacking deer.
In the home, responsible, reported documented and monitored as is my CAR for goodness sake.
HELP Write


I am 27 and just moved to Florida from the crazy gun-controlling state of NJ. Since FL is a shall-issue state, I plan on getting a CWP. I have some shooting experience from the military but I prefer to carry an handgun style air pistol.

This is my preference, please do not question me on that.

Anyway, I purchased one recently down here in FL easy as cake. I know back in NJ, they are illegal.

I know that FL has a law that does not allow open-carry. I want to know if an air pistol that looks like a handgun requires a CWP to carry concealed and or am I allowed to carry it open carry either way? Not sure what the law in FL is defining the use of these guns. I will be using a regular handgun style holster.


here it is.. i presently live in Florida and will be moving to chicago soon.. but i have heard chicago's handgun laws simply stinks.. now in florida i presently own handguns... i have also been told by people who are there in chiago that i should not register the guns...

my question is ...is there any way to go about carrying a gun in chicago.. that when/if pulled over by the law u will not get into any trouble or some kinda loophole or should i register or not? i just need some clarification.. cause i hear too many stories... but apparently it seems near impossible to have a handgun there it seems.


I live in Florida. How do I go about travelling in the car with it? I need to travel back and fourth to the gun range. I don't want a concealed weapons permit.. I want to keep it in my house for personal protection, but want to be able to take it to the range. If somebody breaks into my house - I can shoot them?
I don't know I filled out an application. She said come pick it up tuesday. Why do I get a license or permit with it?


I was just wondering if there is a cop or an attorney that knows the legal answer! I want to carry my Springfield XD 9 in my truck but I dont want to break the law so if anyone could please forward me some info I would really appreciate it THANKS and Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment